TECH 330 Week 8 Discussion | Assignment Help | excelsior-college
M8D1: Corporate Income Tax rates have changed!
As we have discussed, taxes are certain, but as we have seen in 2017, tax laws can quickly change. In fact, they change every year, with 2017-2018 being one of the most significant in recent years. In this discussion, please research what some of these changes are for businesses and answer the following questions:
· What were the most significant changes in this new tax law?
· What would be the effect on a business for which you might work as an engineer
· Would there be any changes in the way businesses deal with depreciation?
· A big change in taxes and depreciation also occurred in the 1980s. Research and summarize the effects of the Accelerated Cost Recovery System (ACRS) on taxes and depreciation. What is your opinion of ACRS?
This discussion will address the following Module Outcomes:
· MO1: Use depreciation methods to reduce book value of capital assets. (CO6)
· MO2: Perform before and after taxes evaluations of engineering projects and systems. (CO6)
· MO3: Use all concepts and evaluative processes presented in the course as appropriate in evaluating the economic potential of engineering projects and systems. (CO1, CO2, CO3, CO4, CO5, CO6)
Before participating in the discussions, review The School of Business and Technology Discussion Guidelines.
Keep in mind the qualities of a good post (see discussion rubric) are a process, not just an answer, so start early! Be sure to review your writing for grammar and spelling before posting.
Read postings already provided by your instructor and fellow students. After completing your initial post, respond to the initial posts of at least two other students. Remember to read the feedback to your own initial post and reply to it throughout the module.
This discussion will be graded using the discussion board rubric. Please review this rubric, located on the Rubrics page within the Start Here module of the course, prior to beginning your work to ensure your participation meets the criteria in place for this discussion. All discussions combined are worth 20% of your final course grade.