ENGL 123 Week 5 Assignment 1 | Assignment Help | Embry Rriddle Aeronautical University
Module 5 - Annotated Bibliography
The Annotated Bibliography is designed to give you practice in locating sources, evaluating sources, and listing sources correctly in a references list according to APA style.
You can choose any topic you want for your research. You will not write a paper for this assignment, but simply compile a reference list with annotations. Follow the example at the bottom of the assignment. List each source in correct APA format and include a brief summary of the information you find in each source, along with a brief evaluation of the source.
If you find a book or a long article, do not read the entire thing. Look at the chapters in the book to create a summary. Look for an abstract of the article, or for subtitled sections, or else just skim the article. If you find a good website, skim through it or look for a site map that lists the areas in the website and use that to create a summary. Read some of the information on the site to form an evaluation.
Your assignment is to prepare an annotated bibliography using APA documentation style. The assignment has two parts: the list of sources and the annotation for each source.
The list of sources must contain:
1. The subject of your research, which you must state at the top of the page.
2. Seven sources of information about your subject, including:
a. At least one book
b. At least two articles from one or more databases in the Hunt Library
c. At least one scholarly article.
3. All sources correctly documented in APA style.
4. The entire references list correctly formatted in APA style.
Special note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable source for scholarly work. Do not use Wikipedia as a source for this or any academic assignment.
The annotation for each source must contain:
1. A short summary (1-3 sentences) of the information found in the source.
2. An evaluation of the source's credibility, reliability, currency, possible bias, and usefulness with respect to your topic. Refer to pages 17-23 in A Pocket Style Manual for specific tips on evaluating sources.
This assignment cannot be revised. You are expected to use A Pocket Style Manual to ensure your documentation is correct. If you have any questions, please contact your instructor for guidance.
Below is an example. The words in italics (summary and evaluation) do not need to be in your work; they are here just for the clarity of the example.
Grading Rubric (PDF)