HA 570 Week 4 Assignment Help | Purdue University Global
Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
• Compare ethical issues of confidentiality as a result of advancements in technology
• Understand national regulations relative to confidentiality, privacy, and informed consent
• Identify tools which may aid in effective communication
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
HA570-2: Assess national regulations regarding confidentiality and ethical considerations of confidentiality laws.
As you have learned, regulations and laws exist to protect patient privacy and uphold confidentiality. Especially in a technological advanced setting, such as healthcare, maintaining these standards can prove challenging as a result of new, ethical issues not previously experienced. As a future leader in healthcare administration, it is important to understand national regulations relative to confidentiality, privacy, and informed consent.
In this unit, you will compare ethical issues of confidentiality by examining a scenario and its implications of various regulations and laws. By the end of this unit, you will be able to assess national regulations regarding confidentiality and ethical considerations of confidentiality laws.
To begin, select one (1) of the following stories from your textbook from which to address the assignment requirements:
• The Story of Twyla Roberts and Mary Louis (p. 203)
• The Story of Beth Tottle, Mrs. Uwilla, and the Uwilla Family (p. 229)
• The Story of Jack Burns and Cecelia Langer (p. 250)
• The Story of Meg Perkins and Helen Williams (p. 279)
In a 3-5 page paper (excluding title page and reference list), address the following:
• Summarize the story briefly providing the ethical dilemma and parties involved.
• Discuss the varying perspectives from the parties involved. Be sure to discuss potential reasoning for the varied perspectives. Please note that you may need to include fictitious information to complete this.
• Discuss ethical standards relevant to the unique scenario.
• Identify national regulations and laws pertinent to the story.
• Using the six-step process, explain a practical, ethical solution to your story.
Report your findings noting the following standards:
• Current APA formatting (e.g. title page, citations, conclusion, reference page, etc.) should be used.
• Proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation are expected.
• Plagiarism, self-plagiarism, unoriginal work, and unattributed content is not permitted and will result in action pursuant to the University’s Plagiarism Policy and Procedures.
• Cite at least 3-5 scholarly sources.
Submitting your work:
Submit your Assignment to the appropriate Dropbox.
Please be sure to visit the Writing Center to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.
1 attachments —
Ask a question