Notice to Staff and Students
If your research involves using human tissue or fluid samples please DO NOT use this application form.
Please approach the Research and Commercial Office, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, 2.25L Hawthorn Building, Phone: 7891 / 7777 for the correct application form if you are using human tissue.
The University requires that approval is obtained by members of staff of the University and by students of the University who wish to engage in the type of research detailed below. Please use this form for an application if your research involves:
- Gathering information from or/and about individual human beings (and organisations) through:
· observation of human behaviour
· modifying/disturbing human behaviour
· interfering in normal physiological and/or psychological processes
- Using archived data in which individuals are identifiable.
- Researching into activities which involves direct observation of or contact with those who are or who might reasonably be supposed to be engaged in or have engaged in criminal activities or activities which are related to criminal activity
- Research which involves a risk of physical or psychological injury to the researcher or any other person involved in the research
- Supporting innovation that might impact on human behaviour e.g. Behavioural Studies
[It should be noted that in regard to research into illegal activities there are no exclusions or blanket permissions and the University Insurance cover may not apply if the research activity has not been cleared by the University or, in certain cases with delegated authority, the appropriate Faculty Committee.]
Guidance and support will be given by your supervisor (for student research), your line manager or an appropriate designated officer/ Faculty Research Office. Queries arising out of this should be directed to:
To View Complete Question See Below