PROJ6000 Principles of Project Management
Successful completion of this assignment will result in achievement of the following subject learning outcomes:
1. Understand PMBOK knowledge areas and process groups and their role, relevance and impact on project management best practice and PMI's Code of Ethics.
2. Critically compare and contrast project management approaches and their appropriateness for managing a variety of project types, including IT projects.
3. Apply appropriate project management (including IT project management) tools and techniques, paying particular attention to risk management.
commence the project in earnest. It also helps clarify the project context, the project team roles and the goals of the project.
1. Read the case study provided by your lecturer. This will form the basis for your Project Charter, because you will assume that you are the project manager for this project.
2. After reading the case study start developing your project charter. This needs to be a 2000-word report (+/- 10%) and must use a minimum of 6 references (academic literature and industry publications. The case study is a 7th reference).
3. The Project Charter must include the following headings and be written as if you were
presenting it to the project team that will build this project. You are the project manager. The contents of the Charter are: