Economics CC 2 Sec ON 1 Week 6 Assignment 6 | chatbot las positas community college
Which of the following is a credit in the U.S. current account?
· A U.S. consumer buys a TV made in Malaysia.
· Singapore Airlines buys a jumbo jet made in the United States.
· British investors purchase U.S. government bonds.
· An American citizen flies to Lithuania on the Lithuanian Airlines.
What would be the statistical discrepancy for a current account balance of -$85 billion and a financial account balance of $80 billion?
· -$165 billion
· -$5 billion
· $5 billion
· $165 billion
Whenever there is a deficit in the current account, the financial account:
· will be negative.
· will be positive.
· will be zero.
· could be negative, positive, or zero.
If on Tuesday you can buy 125 yen per U.S. dollar and on Wednesday you can buy 120 yen per U.S. dollar,
· both the U.S. dollar and the yen have appreciated.
· both the U.S. dollar and the yen have depreciated.
· the U.S. dollar has appreciated and the yen has depreciated.
· the U.S. dollar has depreciated and the yen has appreciated.
U.S. imports are considered:
· a credit or plus item in the U.S. balance of payments.
· a credit or minus item in the U.S. balance of payments.
· a debit or plus item in the U.S. balance of payments.
· a debit or minus item in the U.S. balance of payments.