CHEMPH108 Week 1 Quiz 2 | Mohawk College
Activity 1A Quiz: Common Terms Used in Analytical Chemistry
A blood sample is to be analyzed to determine the amount of iron in the sample. Which of the following statements is true?
· Iron is considered the sample.
· The matrix is the person that the blood was taken from.
· The blood is considered to be the analyte.
· The specific amount of blood that is analyzed is the aliquot
Quantitative testing is done to determine the amount of an analyte present in a sample.
Analysis for blood alcohol content is considered a qualitative test
Analyses are sometimes categorized as destructive or non-destructive methods. An example of a destructive technique is:
· gravimetric based analysis
· UV/VIS direct analysis of a coloured sample
· pH check of a sample using a pH meter
· microscopic techniques
Which of the following are NOT instrumental methods?
· mass spectroscopy methods
· atomic absorption methods
· gravimetric methods
· gas chromatrographic methods