division of the Earth in which people share
· way of life of a group of people who share similar culture traits, including beliefs, customs, technology, and material items
· group of related languages that have all developed from one earlier language
· group of people who share common ancestry, language, religion, customs, or place of origin
· division of the Earth in which people share a similar way of life, including language, religion, economic systems, and values
Why are social groups important to the development of a culture?
· Social groups are important to the development of a culture because they help develop ways of life and adjust to the differences and similarities they experience.
· the spread of culture traits, material and non-material, from one culture to another
· greater in importance or interest
· a center where cultures developed and from which ideas and traditions spread outward
Where were the five earliest culture hearths located?
· Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, China, and Mexico.