suggests people would be motivated
Which of the following is true with regard to Japanese workers?
· Japanese workers typically feel strong kinship to their employers
________ suggests being motivated by more risky opportunities for variety and fast-track advancement.
· Low uncertainty avoidance
Low power distance implies that ________.
· people would be more motivated by teamwork and relations with peers
________ suggests people would be motivated by opportunities for personal advancement and autonomy.
· High individualism
In ________, people are more comfortable with the traditional division of work and roles.
· highly masculine cultures
Which of the following is true about collectivist cultures?
· People are motivated when they feel that the company is providing them with good working conditions, fringe benefits, and training.
Which of the following is true about highly feminine cultures?
· The division of work and roles tend to be looser, motivating people through more flexible roles and work networks.
For most people, the basic meaning of work is tied to ________.
· economic necessity
A study of average work hours in various countries conducted by Steers found that ________ worked longer hours and took fewer vacation days.
Blackmoor Industries is an American firm that manufactures automotive parts. The firm has several manufacturing facilities in the U.S. and one in a foreign country. Blackmoor's global managers have recently reported that workers in the foreign facility are more comfortable with the traditional division of work and roles. Consequently, flexible roles and work networks are unlikely to find favor in this particular facility, unlike in those spread across the U.S.
If the above information is true, which of the following can be fittingly inferred?
· Blackmoor's foreign facility is located in a masculine culture.