HCI 655 Week 7 Assignment Help | Grand Canyon University
Benchmark - RFI for EHR Vendor
This assignment measures the following competencies: 1.2 and 6.2: Evaluate computer and information technologies to determine applicability to health care practice, education, administration, and research.
The purpose of this assignment is to evaluate an EHR vendor by analyzing key criteria that would be used to develop a request for information (RFI). You will choose an acute care or ambulatory setting and an EHR vendor to determine if the EHR vendor meets the needs of the setting.
In a 1,000-1,250 word essay, describe the considerations that need to be addressed during the EHR vendor evaluation process using the key criteria below. Evaluate your selected EHR vendor based on the research you have done on the key criteria. Include the following:
1. How the EHR supports technological needs (cloud-based vs. client-server, database configurations, etc.).
2. Applicability to the health care practice setting and workflow support.
3. How the vendor provides education implementation and support.
4. How the EHR supports administrative needs.
5. How the EHR supports clinical research.
6. In the enterprise health care setting, describe how the organizational process is used for EHR vendor selection.
7. A summary of your findings and whether or not you recommend this EHR vendor for the setting.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.