AST 102 Week 1 Discussion 3 | Colorado Community College Online
Our understanding of the Universe around us comes largely from the many space missions/programs that study our solar system and beyond. Technology has now advanced us to a point that we have a pretty good basic understanding of what is outside of our tiny little planet, Earth. For this discussion, you will research one of these space missions/program that has given us so much information either about our Solar System or our galaxy/universe.
Conduct research on a specific mission/program (put the name of your mission/program in the subject line) and tell us:
· when it was put into service, who runs it, where is it located (think beyond NASA – there are other countries out there!)
· what type of mission/program it is: telescope (e.g. optical, radio, x-ray, etc.), or spacecraft
· if it uses any special technology in its use to gather data
· WHY it IS or Why it IS NOT useful to our understanding the universe around us (any big discoveries made).
· Include the official homepage website (an active hotlink along with proper citations) to your mission/telescope.
· Avoid missions that are in orbit around Earth studying our own planet.
· Your post should be 2-3 paragraphs in length and no shorter than 150 words - also supply a word count.
· Supply your reference(s) with active hotlinks along with proper APA style citations.
· Remember that you may not copy anyone else's mission/program