Hacker that was a black hat, now a white hat.
White Hat Hacker
· Hacker that operates legally and ethically.
Black Hat Hacker
· Hacker that operates illegally
Gray Hat Hacker
· Hacker that was a black hat, now a white hat.
· Hacking into phone systems.
· process of attempting to contact each network port on the target system and see which ones are open.
· A free port scanning utility. Allows: ping scan, connect scan, SYN scan, and FIN scan.
· The process of determining what is on the target machine.
SQL Script Injection
· An attack that inputs SQL code into a username or password box that will always evaluate to true in order to gain access to the system.
· Attacker injects client-side script into web pages viewed by other users. The script must be entered into an area in which other users will interact with it.
· The process of gaining access to a systems password or passwords.
· A popular tool used for cracking passwords.