· is the breaking down of building blocks, or parts of speech, in language, and the use of those pieces to form complete sentences.
· people, places, things
· specific person, place, thing or idea
Nouns serves as the ___________ in a sentence.
· the action in a sentence
In order to have a complete, it needs both
· subject and a verb
· A verb that shows that something is being done, a word that shows action.
· includes am, is, are, was, were, be, being, been, becomes, semms and sometimes words like appears, sounds, feels, looks, smells and tastes
When a word links the subject to a noun that renamed the subject or to an adjective that describes the sudject, it
· linking verb
· words, that take the place of nouns. help us avoid having to awkwardly keep repeating a person's name. Examples are I, me, he, him, she, her, it, they, we, our, ours, etc