A cultural trait
A cultural trait that exists across all cultures is referred to as
A cultural trait that is found in many societies but not all is often referred to as a
A cultural trait that is usually confined to one society or place is known as a
Which of these examples could be considered a particularity?
· a family eating the same exact meal every Tuesday night
3. Which of these statements would anthropologists DISAGREE with?
· There are no cultural traits that span across the globe
Everyone is probably a little ethnocentric. Why is this?
· aside from their own culture, people often have no frame of reference when encountering other cultures
What is cultural relativism?
· measuring behavior by how it is regarded in the person's own culture
regarding one's own culture as superior
· Ethnocentrism is regarding one's own culture as the standard by which other cultures are measured.
Why might ethnocentrism on a global scale lead to dehumanizing others?
· other people may be treated as savage or morally corrupt
What is the greatest weakness of cultural relativism?
· there is no basis for determining whether something in another culture is right or wrong