BUS 303 Week 2 Assignment Help | Ashford University
Week 2 - Assignment
A job description is a useful tool that describes all the tasks, duties, and responsibilities of a position. The primary function of this assignment is to increase understanding of the critical elements in a job description and its alignment to the HRM process and to talent acquisition. Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read the article Job Worth Doing: Update Descriptions, the guide Best Practices and Emerging Trends in Recruitment and Selection, and the web page Employers from the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
In your paper,
· Discuss how a job description is a function of management.
· Consider the following areas of a job description below and explain how these components contribute to an effective performance management system:
o Tools and technology
o Knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs)
o Education requirements
· Explain the legal components in a job description as it relates to the EEOC.
· Describe at least two assessment methods that can be used when recruiting qualified candidates and how those two methods are appropriate for meeting organizational objectives.
For additional support with completing this assignment, please refer to the following tools:
· Finding HR Journals in the AU Library. This tip sheet will support you in researching through the Ashford University Library.
· What Is CRAAP: A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources. This will assist you in determining the reliability of an HR website.
· Scholarly and Popular Resources(1).This tutorial explains the differences between scholarly and popular resources.
· Human Resource Research With [email protected]. This tip sheet will support you in researching through the Ashford University Library.
The Job Description paper
· Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph.
o For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions, refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
· Must use at least two scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text.
o The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
· Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References Listresource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.